Thursday, June 23, 2011

Summer School starts MONDAY!

Well, this has been a nice week off, but it's nearly time to get back to the grindstone for Ashton. Summer school starts this coming Monday. School is from 8am-12:45pm, Mon-Thurs. I don't know yet what his bus-ride will be like, but presumably, it'll be a fairly long ride since the school is some distance from our house. We'll see.

I hope and pray that Ashton makes up for lost time and lost ground over this summer school session. He had come so far in previous years at school and he really, really backslid this past school year. He's going to end up missing one week of the 4 weeks session due to camp, but I'm not too worried about that.

We're also still waiting to hear about his ESY Occupational therapy and ESY Speech therapy services. The start date was 6/20, this past Monday. When I called yesterday, they haven't found a speech therapist or occupational therapist for him yet. :( I was hoping to get some of the hours covered during summer school but since that starts next week, I'm guessing we won't start until the following week unless they get on the ball and find someone today or tomorrow. He's got 6hrs of OT and 4hrs of ST coming to him. We have heard from his ESY academic instructor and I've sent her his schedule for the summer, so we can figure out how best to get him his 12hrs in.

So here's to xx FINGERS CROSSED xx that Ashton excels with this summer school program and does really well and makes up for lost time. That, combined with 4 weeks of camp (social programs), should make up for what he didn't get this past school year.

Have a nice day!

1 comment:

  1. I pray that the teachers and the environment are positive for him. He deserve a great summer.
    Allergy Mum - http://allergymum.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you and will try and repay the visit and comment as soon as I can.